More About What We Do
Food Consulting Company, founded in 1993, provides nutrition analysis, food labeling and regulatory support for more than 1,500 clients worldwide. Working as your virtual food label partner, we guarantee 100% regulatory compliance.
"Just a note to say thank you for all your help and support. We're now headed to a feature spot on QVC's Food Fest and four days of sampling, selling, and fun at Costco. Getting our labels right was critical to our mission."
— Shawn & Ashley Mendel, Owners, Funley's Delicious
- Full Label Compliance - We build the Nutrition Facts, ingredient list and allergen statement. We also advise on product names and label claims, and provide clear instructions for your package designer.
- Label Compliance Review - We evaluate your already formatted label to ensure that all components and copy meet regulations. A written report outlines recommended changes.
- Nutrition Facts Label - We provide database nutrition analysis or use your lab analysis and determine serving size, percent daily values and the correct label format to deliver a compliant graphic file for your designer.
- Ingredient Statement - With your recipe and raw material specifications, we prepare a concise, consumer-friendly, compliant ingredient list and allergen statement, and advise on any label warnings required for health risk ingredients.
"Thanks so much for your help... and for demystifying the regulations!! We appreciate the on-time delivery despite the different time zones."
— Elizabeth Graham, International Marketing Controller, Britvic Soft Drinks Ltd.
- Retained Support - When you anticipate a need for ongoing regulatory guidance, we are “on call” to answer your food label questions with in-depth research, outside counsel and regulatory opinions as necessary.
- One-time Request - If you have a specific food label regulatory question or issue, we provide quick turnaround with an answer for you.
Customized specifically for your product category and subject matter.
"We're incredibly grateful that Food Consulting Company was our training and onboarding partner. They make the process approachable and compliance easy. When we need guidance – they are there. It's like having an expert safety net always on your side."
— Janet Tatarka, Director of Bakery Logistics and Training, Great Harvest Bakery and Cafe
- 1x1 Training and Onboarding - When a new or existing employee needs to get up to speed fast, we provide hands-on training specific to your product category.
- Group Training - Choose your food labeling topic, from nutrition facts labels to ingredient statements and allergen compliance to package claims, we've got you covered.
"Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us. I am quite proud of what we created and will be sure to let our team know that you provide great services should we need future guidance or project work."
— Tara DelloIacono, Nutrition Strategist / Dietitian, Clif Bar & Company
- Formulation Guidance - Together we help you modify your formula to meet your goals.
- File Review - We open a previous project file to review it in light of regulatory developments or other issues.
- Recipe Analysis for Cookbooks & Websites - We provide ready-to-publish nutrient profiles.
- Restaurant Menu Labeling - We provide calorie counts for your menus and all other nutrition info you need.
- Labeling for Medical Foods & OTC Drugs - We ensure regulatory compliance for these specialty items.
- Custom Services - We're happy to provide a special quote for your specific needs..
"Thank you for your help with this whole process! You have made it very easy!"
— John & Lisa Waselus, Co-founders, Lisa's Cake Pops
- Placing an Order
- Food Label Regulations for FDA and USDA
- Food Label Regulations by Geography
- Food Label Regulations by U.S. Sales Channel
- Other Food Labeling Questions