What You Need to Know
Food Consulting Company is known for providing the right information in an understandable way at the right time. See below for the highly regarded Food Label News complete with reader questions, popular one-pagers for information at a glance, publications and press releases. All the info you need to stay informed.
Each month over 10,000 subscribers worldwide count on Food Label News for what matters in food labeling. Published on the first Friday of every month since November 2000. We welcome you and your colleagues to subscribe for news and insights about food labels.
- Feature Article
- Reader Q+A
- Reader Favorites
- What’s News from the Food Label Community
Each month over the last 10+ years, we've answered our readers' questions. From lab vs. database nutrition analysis to UPC barcodes to Canadian net contents, there's a robust resource in our archives.
Quick one-pagers and summaries on topics that matter most to food labelers.
- Food Labels – General
- Nutrition Analysis
- Nutrition Facts
- Restaurant Menu Labeling
- Ingredients and Allergens
- Nutrient and Health Claims
- Historical Reference
We author or contribute to industry publications to advance the understanding of food labeling, nutrition analysis and regulatory compliance. We’re happy to provide insights and perspective for the media. Some of our publications and articles include:
- Silliker Nutrient and Health Claims U.S. and Canadian Regulatory Guide
- Due Diligence with Database Nutrition Analysis Guide
- Food Chemical News - "Nuances in Nutrition Labeling: U.S., Canada, Mexico & EU”
- Prepared Foods - "Organic Opens Up”
- Supermarket News - "Industry Thriving Under Carb-Deprived Label Rules”
While Food Label News is our engine to communicate what’s new, we occasionally offer a press release or two along the way. Here are a few of our previous releases:
- Nutrient Analysis and Labeling Need Not Delay Food Products to Market
- Food Consulting Company Buys NLS to Build Largest Service of Its Kind
- Food Labelers Beward: Carbohydrate Labeling is Tricky
- Allergen Labeling Not As Simple As It Seems